Google places visibility is what a local business owner needs first before SEO don’t get me wrong, SEO has its place but it is best suited if you have a business you market globally or strictly online.
Plus SEO takes longer to get results than Google Places visibility which can just take days if you know how to optimize your listing.
With Google places visibility a local business has its telephone on show, maps and directions not to talk of reviews that any local searcher within mostly a five mile radius can verify and contact straight away.
With the new buzz on local mobile, searchers are increasingly searching for local businesses via their mobile phones on the go. Because of that Google has made all Google places visibility listings mobile friendly. Which means the listing is optimized for a viewing on mobile phone.
4 Key Optimization Techniques To A Successful Google Places Visibility Listing Are:
1. Fill out all the boxes.
- Go to Google.com/local
- Click get started
- Add new listing
- Complete name, address and telephone
- Complete website address
- Enter category
- Add your own category for your target keywords
- Hours of operation
- Select all visitors come to this address
Important: Listing Rules
- No location in the business title.
- Only one listing per address
- Unique telephone number per listing
- Don’t spam
- Don’t keyword spam
2. Add 10 images
- You can use any images that represent your business
- Important: name the file the keyword you want to rank for (e.g plumberliverpool.jpg)
3. Create videos from the images
- Use Animoto.com to put it together. 30-60 seconds is enough
- Important: Call the video FILE the keyword you want to rank for (eg plumberliverpool.avi)
4. Upload videos to YouTube.com
- Use keywords as title, description, and tags
- Enter business name, telephone, address and description
A lot of local businesses have been sold to death by SEO companies taunting first page Google when what they really need is Google Places visibility.
Come to think of it you are still on the first page for your keywords and higher up because Google gives preference to local search and what would take months o achieve with SEO would only take days with a well optimized Google Places visibility listing.
Only 3% of local businesses worldwide have claimed their listing so it is easier to get seen by local consumers if they are optimized. With these guidelines a small business cannot go wrong.